Wednesday, June 27, 2007

is that a lizard up there?


nope. it's three.

it has been a while since i've seen all of you. this is what i look like as of a few days ago. i have not cut my hair since february, which is actually quite fun (especially when bucket-shampooing). i have the beginnings of a mullet-curl working it's way into being back there, though this photo unfortunately belies its majesty. i am also recovering from a 2 month "beard-off", which ended recently after a cease-fire agreement was reached at the base of sipi falls. i have since been maintaining the more respectable level of growth seen here. and i am happy to report that i have not lost much (if any) weight, thanks in part to the care package chocolate i've been housing and the pancakes i've been making from scratch on those lazy mornings...

oh, and the farmer's tan has never been so...um...pronounced. the skin under my shirt is so white it's blue.

8 comments:

JS said...

hey rick. great posts.

be careful with the mullet. the power of a mullet was made apparent to me when i tried it out on katie and she ran screaming from me---"you're scaring me!"

respect the power....

Rick said...

that was amazing. i had literally just posted a second ago. these internets are crazy places...and you, sussdaddy, are a quick one. thanks for reading, and thanks for the snail mail. i'm 2000 shillings and one stamp away from hitting you back.

T. said...

Hey Rick! You definitely will have to get someone to take a picture of you from behind so we can see the mullet! Love the blog!!! Let us know what you are missing over there and we'll send you a huge care package!
Tracy

debrick said...

The look on your face says there are MORE than three lizards! I have to see the back of your head. That is so funny. Since chocolate is looking so good on you I will have to forward some more. Just don't eat any that moves!
Love
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

JS said...

Rick, my boy...can you post or e-mail your mobile phone number? I have Skype credit and someday I'd love to call and say a quick hello!

sussdaddy

ps: don't fall victim to the trap of snail mail--i really do not expect snail mail replies to each missive! besides, snail mail is SO 20th century....

JS said...

PS---fascinated by the disclaimer. Can you give us the full story about that? When I Google "Peace Corps disclaimer" I see that many other volunteers have similar statements on their blogs.

Ted Simpson said...

The majestic mullet, bucket shampooing, and a pronounced farmer's tan -- this is the zenith of cultural exchange we are witnessing!

Thanks for posting the picture -- Tara, Lilly and I loved seeing you. I am still waiting for the pic of the Interwolf!

Unknown said...

Rick, I have to admit that I am really bummed about something. I wanted to check your blog and see this amazing picture of your beard. I had no doubt that the beard would have been to a fantastic length...visibly blowing in the wind and such. But I am pretty excited about the prospects of a mullet. Maybe you should be like Josh and cut it, but leave a rat tail. Always fashionable.