Sunday, December 14, 2008

season's greetings from father christmas

as the end of the school term approached at my teacher's college, plans were made for the annual christmas show, which includes drama sketches, readings, carols, and for the first time ever, an appearance by father christmas himself (played by yours truly). i was honored and amused when the show's organizers approached me about the gig and so i eagerly accepted the offer. my costume was a cultural hodgepodge of ugandan formalwear, a pillow to increase my waistline, and an american-style hat and beard. thanks to a pair of muzungu elves and a sack full of candy, it was a great success.

merry christmas to all!

4 comments:

debrick said...

What a great time you must have had! Would love to have been a poo fly on the wall. :)

Johnny Calcagno said...

Santa is a spy!

Chris said...

Santa also sings about legs and has a spinning guitar!

Pam & Steve Johanson said...

Rick, Despite the fact I don't get to visit the Internet as much as I used to - not for lack of access like yourself, but due to the demands of parenthood - I always try to take a glance at your blog. I really enjoy the pics and the stories! I'm also glad to hear that things appear to be going well for you. --Pam